For emergencies call 911
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use Georgian Bay House Calls?
How much do I have to pay?
- Anyone who needs an in-home medical visit can use the service. Young mothers with children, elderly people with mobility issues or anyone unable to access their family doctor quickly are people who typically use our service. If you, or anyone in your household is sick and would like to see a doctor, then we can help you.
What if I already have a family doctor?
- Georgian Bay House Calls is a FREE service. All you need is a valid OHIP card.
What if I need to go to the emergency department?
- Georgian Bay House Calls will not replace your family doctor but can act as a consultant when your own doctor is unavailable, much like when you visit a walk-in clinic or the emergency department. If you do not have a family doctor, then we will be able to provide you with resources to help you find a primary care provider.
Which communities do you provide service to?
- If your condition is found to be severe and you need more advanced medical treatment, the visiting doctor will call an ambulance and help coordinate your transfer to the local emergency department.
How do I arrange for a visit?
- We are currently providing service to Midland, Penetang and Tay Township. We are hoping to expand our service to Tiny Township soon.
What happens during the visit?
- Call 705-433-1362. Phone lines open at 10 AM on days that we are providing service. Check the Schedule to find out if we are working on the day you want. Call early as we have a limited number of appointments available.
- A fully certified, caring physician will assess your medical condition. He or she will provide you with a diagnosis, a prescription if needed (called in to the pharmacy of your choice), and a copy of the medical report upon request.